St. Louis Park First Generation Down Payment Assistance Loan
The City of St. Louis Park HRA currently provides down-payment/closing cost assistance to first-generation homebuyers in purchasing a home in St. Louis Park.
NOTICE: To ensure funding we need a signed and executed purchase agreement and the application must be submitted at least FOUR WEEKS prior to closing.
The guidelines below are subject to change at any time without notice. Loan funds are subject to availability. Email or call for complete details.
Hablamos Español: 612-335-5856
About the Loan
- 0% APR.
- No monthly payments.
- Loan amounts dependent on household’s income and the purchase price of the home.
- Owner-occupied single-family or duplex properties.
- Townhomes and condominiums are eligible.
- Loan approval is subject to credit and program guidelines.
- To ensure funding the application must be submitted at least four weeks prior to closing.
- 0% APR.
- Income limits apply.
- Closing costs apply.
- After 20 years the loan is 100% forgiven. The amount owed is reduced by 5% per year until maturity.
- Funds may be used for down payment or closing costs.
- Borrower must be a first generation buyer:
- Borrower does not currently own a home or has not previously owned a home
- Borrower parents and/or legal guardian does not currently own a home, nor have they previously owned a home
- Borrower spouse, if applicable, does not currently own a home and has not previously owned a home
- Borrower spouse’s parents and/or legal guardian does not currently own a home, nor have they previously owned a home
- Borrower(s) must sign the First Generation Homebuyer Affidavit.
- Must occupy this property as their primary residence.
- Must be a legal resident.
- Prior to closing the homebuyer(s) MUST attend a Home Stretch workshop or other valid homebuyers course offered through an approved counseling agency by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
The current loan terms and conditions stated, including interest rates, do not constitute a commitment to lend or an offer to enter into an agreement, and that such an offer may only be made pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, Section 47.206(3) and (4).