Coon Rapids Emergency Repair Deferred Loan
The intent of this program is to provide assistance to property owners in the City of Coon Rapids who face emergency home repairs.
Applicant’s eligibility for other financing will be analyzed prior to consideration of the Emergency Repair Deferred Loan. The guidelines below are subject to change at any time without notice. Loan funds are subject to availability. Email or call for complete details.
Hablamos Español: 612-335-5856
Definition of Emergency:
An emergency is defined as a condition that makes a house uninhabitable, extremely dangerous to the occupants, or is capable of causing severe health problems.
About the Loan
- 0% APR.
- No monthly payments.
- Loan amounts from $1,000 to $10,000.
- No down payment required.
- 1-4 unit residential properties located in the City of Coon Rapids.
- Owner-occupied properties including townhomes, twinhomes, condominiums and properties held in a trust are eligible.
- Properties under construction are not eligible.
- Property must be valued at $400,000 or less based on most recent property tax statement.
- Loan approval is subject to credit and program guidelines.
- No income limits.
- Closing costs apply.
- The Deferred Loan is 100% due upon property sale, transfer or is no longer occupied by the borrower.
- All work must be completed within 30 days of closing.
- Eligible improvements will be determined through a required analysis of the emergency condition of the property
- 1 bid is required from a properly licensed contractor.
- Funds are held in a non-interest bearing escrow account at CEE from loan closing until the work is completed and all final documentation is received.
The current loan terms and conditions stated, including interest rates, do not constitute a commitment to lend or an offer to enter into an agreement, and that such an offer may only be made pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, Section 47.206(3) and (4).