Windom Park Emergency Deferred Loan
Windom Park Citizens in Action (WPCiA) has allocated funds to eligible Windom Park property owners for emergency improvement needs, but do not qualify for other home improvement loan or grant programs.
Hablamos Español: 612-335-5856
Definition of Emergency:
An emergency is defined as a condition that makes a house uninhabitable, extremely dangerous to the occupants, or is capable of causing severe health problems.
About the Loan
- 0% APR.
- No monthly payments.
- Loan amounts from $500 - $5,000.
- No down payment required.
- 1-4 unit owner-occupied homesteaded structures located in the Windom Park Neighborhood.
- Properties under construction or held in Trust are not eligible.
- Loan approval is subject to credit and program guidelines.
- To qualify for this program borrower(s) must not be eligible for any other financing administered by CEE.
- Fixed interest rate.
- Loan is due (100%) upon sale or transfer of ownership of the property prior to the 15 year term. 100% of the loan is forgiven if the borrower owns and occupies the property for 15 years.
- Income limits apply.
- Closing costs apply.
- This loan is secured by a mortgage on the property.
- Borrowers may have a maximum of two NRP loans out from any combination of the programs at any one time.
- Eligible improvements include repairs to emergency conditions as defined above and verified by CEE as determined through an Emergency Confirmation Inspection of the property.
- 1 bid is required from properly licensed contractors for projects under $5,000. 2 bids are required for projects over $5,000.
- For do-it-yourself projects, a materials list including prices is required. The cost for labor and the purchase of tools may not be included in the loan.
- Funds are held in a non-interest bearing escrow account at CEE from loan closing until the work is completed and all final documentation is received.
The current loan terms and conditions stated, including interest rates, do not constitute a commitment to lend or an offer to enter into an agreement, and that such an offer may only be made pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, Section 47.206(3) and (4).