Lowry Hill East Low Income Emergency Deferred Loan
Lowry Hill East Neighborhood Association (LHENA) is making Neighborhood Revitalization Program (NRP) funds available to property owners of the Lowry Hill East neighborhood to make repairs to their properties.
Hablamos Español: 612-335-5856
Definition of Emergency:
An emergency is defined as a condition that makes a house uninhabitable, extremely dangerous to the occupants, or is capable of causing severe health problems.
About the Loan
- 0% APR.
- No monthly payments.
- Loan amounts from $500 to $5,000.
- No down payment required.
- Owner-occupied 1-4 unit residential properties.
- Owners of condominiums and townhouses are eligible.
- Properties under construction or held in Trust are not eligible.
- Loan approval is subject to credit and program guidelines.
- Fixed interest rate.
- Income limits apply.
- Closing costs apply.
- 100% of the loan is forgiven after 5 years of ownership from the closing date of the loan.
- No match required.
- Borrowers may have a maximum of two NRP loans out from any combination of the programs at any one time.
- Eligible improvements include most exterior improvements, correction of code violation and health of safety improvements.
- 2 bids are required from a properly licensed contractor if the project is over $5,000.
- Funds are held in a non-interest bearing escrow account at CEE from loan closing until the work is completed and all final documentation is received.
The current loan terms and conditions stated, including interest rates, do not constitute a commitment to lend or an offer to enter into an agreement, and that such an offer may only be made pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, Section 47.206(3) and (4).