Nokomis East Emergency Repair Deferred Loan
The Nokomis East Neighborhood Association has made funds available to provide assistance to property owners in the Nokomis East community who face emergency home repairs and cannot qualify for other funding programs to remedy the situation.
Hablamos Español: 612-335-5856
Definition of Emergency:
An emergency is defined as a condition that makes a house uninhabitable, extremely dangerous to the occupants, or is capable of causing severe health problems.
About the Loan
- 0% APR.
- No monthly payments.
- Loan amounts from $1,000 - $7,500.
- No down payment required.
- 1-4 unit, owner-occupied properties located in the neighborhoods of Wenonah, Mooris Park, Minnehaha or Keewaydin.
- Condos and townhomes are eligible.
- Properties under construction or held in a trust are not eligible.
- Loan approval is subject to credit and program guidelines.
- To qualify for this program borrower(s) must not be eligible for any other financing administered by CEE.
- Closing costs apply.
- Loan is deferred until the borrower sells or transfers ownership of the property, at which time 100% of the loan is due.
- Income limits apply.
- This loan is secured by a mortgage on your property.
- Borrowers may have a maximum of two NRP loans out from any combination of the programs at any one time.
- Eligible improvements include repairs to emergency conditions as defined above and verified by CEE as determined through an Emergency Confirmation Inspection of the property.
- 1 bid is required from a properly licensed contractor for projects under $5,000. 2 bids are required for projects over $5,000.
- For do-it-yourself projects, a materials list including prices is required. The cost for labor and the purchase of tools may not be included in the loan.
- Funds are held in a non-interest bearing escrow account at CEE from loan closing until the work is completed and all final documentation is received.
The current loan terms and conditions stated, including interest rates, do not constitute a commitment to lend or an offer to enter into an agreement, and that such an offer may only be made pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, Section 47.206(3) and (4).