Suburban Ramsey County Energy Conservation Deferred Loan
Center for Energy and Environment partners with Ramsey County to offer the Energy Conservation Deferred Loan to residents who have completed a home energy audit.
Hablamos Español: 612-335-5856
About the Loan
- 0% APR.
- No monthly payments.
- Loan amounts up to $10,000.
- No down payment required.
- 1-4 unit owner-occupied residential properties located in Ramsey County (outside of Saint Paul).
- Loan approval is subject to credit and program guidelines.
- 100% of the loan is forgiven if the borrower owns and occupies the property for 10 years.
- Maximum of $50,000 in assets - excluding home, automobiles and retirement funds.
- Maximum property tax value of $273,000.
- Property must be at least 20 years old.
- Funds are held in a non-interest bearing escrow account at CEE from loan closing until the work is completed and all final documentation is received.
- Income limits as followed:
- Eligible improvements will be identified during an in-home energy audit.
- Heating systems AFUE ≥ 95%, boiler ≥ 84% EF, programmable thermostats, Energy Star water heaters, attic/wall insulation, air sealing, air conditioning only with medical condition or over the age of 65 (replacement only)
- Multiple bids are required from a properly licensed contractor or registered with the MN Department of Labor.
The current loan terms and conditions stated, including interest rates, do not constitute a commitment to lend or an offer to enter into an agreement, and that such an offer may only be made pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, Section 47.206(3) and (4).