CEE is a certified rater for the Home Energy Rating System index, the industry standard for Minnesota's homeowners and builders to predict home energy efficiency.
CEE uses the Home Energy Rating System (HERS) index to rate the energy efficiency level of new construction homes. Our HERS rater:
- Meets the developer to review available incentive programs;
- Reviews plans to determine targeted HERS score;
- Visits the site prior to drywall installation to inspect insulation;
- Conducts post-installation site inspection and performance testing; and
- Completes post-test report and delivers a final HERS rating;
The index at right is an example of the HERS index in action. Standard new homes built to code have a HERS score of 100, while Net Zero Energy homes have a score of 0.
HERS is overseen by the national Residential Energy Services Network
Quality Assurance Manager