ENERGY STAR New Homes
We help make it easy for you to participate in the Environmental Protection Agency’s ENERGY STAR certified new homes program, a great way for builders and homeowners to optimize their energy-saving opportunities.
According to the EPA, research shows ENERGY STAR certified buildings:
- have lower operating costs,
- are more marketable,
- contribute fewer greenhouse gas emissions to the environment,
- command higher rental rates, and
- have increased asset value.
We can help you realize these benefits. Since 2001, we’ve certified more than 261 ENERGY STAR projects — more than any other active rater in Minnesota. We assess new home plans from designs and offer recommendations for energy improvements, and provide quality assurance during and after construction to ensure that mechanical systems and energy-efficiency features are installed correctly.
New homes that successfully participate in the ENERGY STAR New Homes program are also formally certified as ENERGY STAR qualified by the EPA.
We support home builders all the way from plan review to submitting final paperwork:
- Pre-construction plan review and recommendations to ensure ENERGY STAR requirements are met.
- Inspection prior to insulation to verify correct framing techniques are used.
- Smoke tests of all ductwork to guard against leaks, before ducts are enclosed by drywall.
- Verification that insulation meets ENERGY STAR requirements and all penetrations are sealed.
- Final inspection and blower door and duct leakage testing, including verification of ENERGY STAR-compliant ventilation system flow rates and supply and return ducts.
- And after final inspection, we submit all paperwork for official ENERGY STAR approval.
Quality Assurance Manager