Minneapolis: 0% Loan
The City of Minneapolis is offering a 0% loan to help residents improve the efficiency of their homes through insulation and/or air sealing. To qualify for this limited-time offer the borrower must have received a Home Energy Squad visit within the last 3 years.
Please call us at 612-335-5884 for complete program details.
- 0% APR
- Borrowers must have received a Home Energy Squad visit within the last 3 years.
- Loan amounts up to $10,000
- No income limit
- Terms up to 5 years
- No closing costs
- Owner-occupied or absentee-owned residential properties located in the City of Minneapolis.
- 1-4 units
- Not Eligible: Properties under construction, greater than 4 units, co-operations, or used for commercial purposes.
- Attic Air Sealing. Attic air sealing is a prerequisite for attic insulation loan eligibility.
- Attic Insulation. Attic insulation must be combined with attic air sealing for loan
eligibility. Final insulation R-Value must be greater than or equal to R-50 when attic
- Wall Insulation. All external wall cavities must be filled with insulation.
- Health and Safety issues addressed when performing any of the work items above; water
heater replacement due to combustion safety, radon and asbestos mitigation, knob and
tube wiring and ventilation
- 1 bid is required. Bid can be received during a Home Energy Squad Enhanced visit.
The current loan terms and conditions stated, including interest rates, do not constitute a commitment to lend or an offer to enter into an agreement, and that such an offer may only be made pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, Section 47.206(3) and (4). (10-2014)