Longfellow: Open Citation Grant
The Longfellow Community Council (LCC) has NRP dollars available that have been designated to help residential property owners make necessary exterior repairs and improvements listed on an open citation issued by the City of Minneapolis. The intent of this Grant Program is to encourage investment in the neighborhood by maintaining and improving the housing stock. Other sources of funds are also available, such as MHFA and CEE, which may be used to supplement this program.
- Minimum of $1,000 to a maximum of $5,000
- No closing costs
- Income limits apply
- Owner-occupied and absentee-owned occupies residential properties located in the Longfellow, Cooper, Howe or Hiawatha Neighborhoods
- 1-4 units
- Individual condo and townhome owners are eligible
- Properties held in a trust are eligible
Types of Improvements
- Exterior improvements that are listed on an open citation issued by the city of Minneapolis.
- Emergency improvements as determined through a review of the condition of the property by CEE or LCC.
- Examples of an eligible emergency project include, but are not limited to: leaking roof, radon/lead/asbestos mitigation, no heating or water heating, replacement of A/C if related to health issues, sewer line, foundation and work to fix flooding into property.
- An emergency is defined as a condition that makes the property uninhabitable, extremely dangerous, is capable of causing health problems or may cause severe damage to the property if not addressed.
- For do-it-yourself projects, a materials list including prices is required. The cost for labor or equipment purchase or rental may not be included in the loan.
The current terms and conditions stated, do not constitute a commitment to lend or an offer to enter into an agreement, and that such an offer may only be made pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, Section 47.206(3) and (4).