Northeast Park: Home Improvement Grant
Northeast Park Neighborhood has money available that is designated to help property owners make necessary repairs and improvements. The intent of this Grant Program is to encourage investment in the neighborhood by maintaining and improving the housing stock. Funds are subject to availability. Call us at 612-335-5884 for complete details.
- Minimum of $1,000 to maximum of $3,000.
- No matching requirement for households with income less than or equal to 100% HUD AMI, based on household size. If household income is greater than 100% HUD AMI the recipient must match each grant dollar (1:1). Income will be verified by a copy of the most recent Federal Tax Return.
- No maximum income limit.
- Owner-occupied residential properties located in the Northeast Park Neighborhood.
- 1-4 units.
- Individual condo and townhome owners and properties held in a trust are eligible.
Types of Improvements
- Eligible improvements include most interior or exterior permanent remodeling and upgrades.
- Bids from a licensed contractor, one bid is required for projects under $2,000. All other projects must have at least 2 bids.
- For do-it-yourself projects a material list is required. Loan funds cannot be used to compensate for labor even if the owner is a licensed contractor, only for materials.
The current terms and conditions stated, do not constitute a commitment to lend or an offer to enter into an agreement, and that such an offer may only be made pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, Section 47.206(3) and (4).