Lowry Hill East: Green Matching Deferred Loan Program
Lowry Hill East Neighborhood Association (LHENA) is making Neighborhood Revitalization Program (NRP) funds available to property owners of the Lowry Hill East neighborhood to make improvements to their properties. The guidelines below are subject to change at any time without notice. Loan funds are subject to availability. Please call us at 612-335-5884 for complete details.
- Deferred loan amounts from $500 - $4,000
- 0% fixed interest rate (0.099% Annual Percentage Rate)*
- No maximum income limit
- A 1:1 match is required
- 100% of the loan is forgiven if the borrower retains ownership of the property for 5 years from the closing date of the loan
- This loan is secured by a mortgage on the property
Closing costs apply
- Owner-occupied or absentee owned 1-4 unit residential properties
- Owners of condominiums and townhouses are eligible
- Properties under construction or held in Trust are not eligible
Types of Improvements
- Eligible improvements include most energy efficiency improvements. Examples include air sealing, insulation, heating upgrades, A/C for increased efficiency, hot water heater replacement, ventilation and rain gardens to improve drainage conditions.
- A bid is required from a qualified, licensed contractor.
- For do-it-yourself projects, a materials list including prices is required. The cost for labor and equipment purchase or rental may not be included in the loan.
- Funds are held in a non-interest bearing escrow account at CEE from loan closing until the work is completed and all final documentation is received.
* APR Based on $4,000 for 5 years
The current loan terms and conditions stated, including interest rates, do not constitute a commitment to lend or an offer to enter into an agreement, and that such an offer may only be made pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, Section 47.206(3) and (4).