Field Regina Northrup: Emergency Deferred Program
To qualify for this program borrower(s) must not be eligible for any other financing administered by CEE.
The Field, Regina, Northrop Neighborhood Group has made NRP funds available for homeowners in the community that have emergency situations. The guidelines below are subject to change at any time without notice. Loan funds are subject to availability. Please call us at 612-335-5884 for complete details.
Definition of Emergency
An emergency is defined as a condition which makes the home dangerous or inhabitable.
- Deferred loan amounts from $1,000 - $5,000
- 0% APR
- Fixed interest rate
- No maximum income limit
- This loan will be 100% forgiven if the owner remains in the property for 10 years from the loan closing date
- This loan is secured by a mortgage on the property
- Closing costs apply
- 1-4 unit owner-occupied residential properties
- Individual owners of condos or townhomes are eligible
- Properties held in a trust are eligible
Types of Improvements
- Eligible improvements include emergency improvements. Examples of an emergency situation are; a sewage back up inside the property, furnace failure or no heat in extreme cold months of the year, a sizeable whole in roof or window cavity.
- Eligible improvements will be determined by an on-site visit to the property.
- One bid from a qualified, licensed contractor is required for projects under $5,000, minimum of two bids for projects that cost greater than $5,000.
- Funds are held by CEE until the work is completed and all final documentation is received.
The current loan terms and conditions stated, including interest rates, do not constitute a commitment to lend or an offer to enter into an agreement, and that such an offer may only be made pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, Section 47.206(3) and (4).