Energy Smart Homes
Center for Energy and Environment (CEE) partners with the City of St. Paul to offer residents a 0% interest energy loan to make energy improvements in their homes. The guidelines below are subject to change at any time without notice. Loan funds are subject to availability. Please call us for complete details.
- Loan amounts up to $6,500
- 0% Interest
- No income limit
- No payments required for 15 years or until the sale or refinance of the property
- Borrowers must match the financing 1:1 if household income is greater or equal to 80% of HUD median income
- Owner occupied or non-owner occupied
- 1-4 unit homes within the city of St. Paul
- Property must be 20+ years old
- Qualifying home energy improvements include attic and wall insulation and air sealing, heating systems, water heaters and electrical and/or ventilation work related to the improvements
- Improvements must be prescribed by an Xcel Energy home audit
- Multiple bids are required form a qualified, licensed contractor
The current loan terms and conditions stated, including interest rates, do not constitute a commitment to lend or an offer to enter into an agreement, and that such an offer may only be made pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, Section 47.206(3) and (4).