Crystal: Home Improvement Grant
The City of Crystal offers a grant for homeowners to assist with home maintenance and energy improvements. The guidelines below are subject to change at any time without notice. Loan funds are subject to availability. Please call us at 612-335-5884 for complete details.
- 20% of eligible project expenses, minimum project costs of $5,000
- Maximum of $10,000 per calendar year
- Income limits apply
- No closing costs
- Must be current on mortgage payments and property taxes
- Owner-occupied residential properties located in the City of Crystal
- 1-4 units
- Individual condo and townhome owners are eligible
- Properties under construction are not eligible
Types of Improvements
- Eligible improvements include most interior or exterior perminent remodeling and upgrades.
- For do-it-yourself projects, a materials list including prices is required. The cost for labor or equipment purchase or rental may not be included in the loan.
- 2 bids are required from a qualified licensed contractor.
The current loan terms and conditions stated, including interest rates, do not constitute a commitment to lend or an offer to enter into an agreement, and that such an offer may only be made pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, Section 47.206(3) and (4).