Central: Emergency Grant
The Central Neighborhood has made resources available to help property owners make necessary repairs and improvements. This grant is only available for property owners who do not qualify for the Central Neighborhood Revolving Loan Program. Please call us at 612-335-5884 for complete details.
- Minimum grant of $500 to a maximum of $5,000.
- No closing costs.
- Income limit is 80% of AMI based on household size and most recent tax return.
- Owner-occupied residential properties located in the Central Neighborhood.
- 1-4 units.
- Individual condo and townhome owners and properties held in a trust are eligible.
Types of Improvements
- Eligible emergency repairs include, but are not limited to major mechanical system failure, roof failure, foundation failure, radon, mold and asbestos mitigation, sewer failure and/or other health/life-safety hazards.
- Eligible repairs will be determined through an inspection and/or analysis of the condition of the property. A CEE representative will conduct the analysis to determine the project eligibility.
- For do-it-yourself projects a material list is required. The cost of labor, equipment or rental of equipment may not be included in the grant. There is no matching requirement for do-it-yourself projects.
The current terms and conditions stated, do not constitute a commitment to lend or an offer to enter into an agreement, and that such an offer may only be made pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, Section 47.206(3) and (4).