2.99% Home Energy Loan
Center for Energy and Environment (CEE) now offers a 2.99% home energy loan for homeowners who have completed a home visit through the Home Energy Squad Enhanced program. In addition, residents of Kasson and Rochester who have participated in a CEE administered program are also eligible.
- 2.99% fixed rate (3.03% Annual Percentage Rate)
- Terms up to 60 months
- Loan amounts from $1,000 - $10,000
- No maximum income limit
- Application must be received by CEE within 90 days of your home energy visit/audit
- This loan is secured by a mortgage on the property
- Closing costs apply
- Owner-occupied, single family residences in the Cities of Bloomington, Brooklyn Park, Edina, Fridley, Hopkins, Minneapolis, New Hope, Kasson, Plymouth Richfield, Rochester and St. Louis Park
- Properties under construction or held in Trust are not eligible
Types of Improvements
Eligible improvements must have been reccommended at youe home energy visit. Posible energy improvements listed below. Home owners with questions about project(s) eligibility should contact CEE.
Natural gas or propane furnace AFUE >= 95
Oil furnace, gas, propane or oil hot water boiler AFUE>= 90
Split systems: SEER >=16 - EER >= 13
Package systems: SEER>= 14 - EER >= 12
|Attic Air Sealing
Testing the air tightness of a home using a calibrated door will measure the quantity of air leakage and air sealing effectiveness. Attic air sealing is a prerequisite for wall/attic insulation loan eligibility.
Attic insulation must be combined with attic air sealing for loan eligibility. Final R-Value >= R-44
All external wall cavities must be filled with insulation. Loan eligibility is conditional on attic air sealing being performed.
Atmospherically vented and orphaned water heaters are eligible for replacement with a power vented or direct vented high efficiency storage or demand unit; only if an orphaned water heater current exists or if an orphan is created due to furnace replacement.
Gas storage units >= 0.62 EF
Gas tankless units >= 082 EF w/2.5 gpm at 77°F rise
*APR is based on $10,000 at 5 yrs
The current loan terms and conditions stated, including interest rates, do not constitute a commitment to lend or an offer to enter into an agreement, and that such an offer may only be made pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, Section 47.206(3) and (4).