As Engagement Manager, Megan’s work is focused on delivering clean energy impacts through management of planning, pilots, and research services that require innovative engagement techniques, technical information and analysis. Megan specializes in managing energy and climate planning processes that include visioning, identifying technology, policy, and programmatic strategies, and analyzing the cost-impact of these options. She works with municipalities, developers, design and construction professionals to transform new construction practices and to create high-performance development models at the building and district scale.
Megan provides consulting services and advising to developers and communities during implementation. Megan has a background in energy codes as well as electric vehicles, providing thought leadership at CEE in both of these content areas.
Megan has managed the Action Planning process for the City of Rochester’s and Destination Medical Center’s Energy Integration Committee. This work is mapped to achieving their economy-wide energy and climate goals. Megan has also worked closely with the City of Edina in managing their Grandview Green Redevelopment Sustainability Study as well as the Rice Creek Commons (TCAAP site) in service of Ramsey County.
Megan’s background is in design and architecture. She received her Master of Science in Science, Technology, and Environmental Public Policy from the University of Minnesota’s Humphrey School of Public affairs, focusing on energy policy and public engagement.
- LEED® Accredited Professional
- Commercial Energy Plans Examiner (IECC 2012)
- Ever-Green Energy, Burns & McDonnell, Center for Energy and Environment, Fresh Energy. (2014). TCAAP Energy Integration Resiliency Framework Phase 1: Policy White Paper. Arden Hills, MN.
- Bull, Michael, Jennifer Edwards et al. (2014). Minneapolis Energy Pathways: A Framework for Local Energy Action. Center for Energy and Environment, Minneapolis, MN.
- Bodin, C., Hoye, M., Sowers, E. (2012). Gridlock: A Policy Analysis of Siting and Coordination of Interstate Transmission Line Development in the Upper Midwest. (Unpublished masters thesis). University of Minnesota, Minneapolis.