Corporate Purpose (original bylaws, 1994)
The Center for Energy and Environment shall:
- Advance education and science in the field of energy;
- Lessen the burdens of government;
- Combat community deterioration through assisting and advising communities in planning, developing, and operating programs designed to implement, enhance, and accelerate energy conservation and conservation of other natural resources, and mitigation of adverse environmental impacts, including without limitation:
- A direct reduction of energy and other natural resource consumption;
- Rehabilitation and improvement of existing residential, commercial and non-profit structures to improve energy efficiency;
- Encouragement of new construction that is energy efficient;
- Identification and study of methods of energy conservation, alternative energy sources, conservation of other natural resources, and public dissemination of the results of such study.
- Provide capital funds through loans or grants to finance energy conservation and other rehabilitation to residential, commercial and non-profit structures;
- Identify sources of loans, grants, and other sources of funding that are available to further the corporate purpose and assist Minnesota communities in application for these funds;
- Operate a center for the dissemination of information concerning energy and the environment and other resource conservation measures;
- Participate in the overall coordination of the implementation of energy and environmental programs for communities;
- Provide training to staff of other organizations, both public and private, in the development and implementation of service delivery programs; and
- Provide education and research resources, assistance and programs in furtherance of the Corporation's purposes.